Collaborate & Calibrate
Consulting for Mental Health Professionals
Insight & Advocacy to Help Bridge
the Emotions & Learning Gap
Sometimes, it really does take a village.
Our consulting work is a highly collaborative approach to bridging the emotional and learning selves of the Unique Learner. We am honored to have extensive experience partnering with mental health professionals, helping further their Unique Learner clients and families’ emotional well-being.
We bring an educational perspective to the table, with a therapeutic emphasis on emotional affect, which can help fill in the gaps discovered along the developmental journey. We aim for my contribution to generously co-create an empowered experience for the entire team.
Join the Be Brilliant U Ignite Community!
(Because we’re better together and together we create something better for all.)
Are you a Mental Health Professional who strives to empower the families you work with in supporting their children who learn differently? Would you like to receive helpful resources and information from our Community of Learning Innovators and Education Differencemakers? Start Here:
Join our Community and receive the
Be Brilliant U Bill of EnLIGHTened Rights™,
a reminder tool to empower our kids to reach their full potential.
Your privacy is always respected and your information is confidential and will not be shared.
As a Consultants we will:
- Invite a collaborative team approach with the Mental Health Professional, Parents, Teacher (if appropriate) and the child to restore hope and empower each family and learning environment
- Observe the child in their naturally occurring settings with the parent in their home and between the child and teacher in the classroom
- Collaborate with the team in developing support systems and strategies to reduce stress at home and in the classroom
- Provide insight and recommendations in how to teach to the unique learning style of the child
- Offer suggestions and strategies to encourage the child’s self-confidence
- Introduce options for remediation and metacognitive and executive functioning strategies
- Contribute insights into the emotional life of a child and how that plays out in the classroom and impacts their learning
- Assist in completing past learning related traumas that hinder the growth of a child and keep them from thriving
What the Mental Health Provider will receive:
- A comprehensive list of recommendations and suggestions to help bridge the emotional and learning gap for each individual case.
What the family will receive:
- A written assessment of our findings and tailored suggestions for moving forward.
We are here as a beacon of hope and offer a perspective that might be otherwise lost in the conversation. We I care deeply about helping our children feel better about learning, about themselves and about their lives. Our singular goal is to bolster the support these Unique Learners are already receiving in doing just that and help further the work however we can.
Appreciation from Psychiatrist, Psychoanalyst & Pastoral Counselor, Ronald A. Grant, M. Div., S.T.M., M.D., D. Min., LP
As a family psychiatrist, I refer clients and families with Unique Learners to consult with Michele Garber regularly. I count on her ability to teach both the young people and their parents with equal compassion. She always has a positive affect, connecting with people in a way that earns their trust and easily develops rapport with my clients.
Michele’s processes include knowing where to focus, collecting pertinent information and providing support to turn each client’s situation around. I bring Michele in to help Unique Learners and their families feel hopeful and understood, to show them the positive in who they are and how they learn while highlighting their strengths.
Michele is able to handle complex situations including difficult dynamics and assist in helping the situation to heal with her expertise and experience. This is especially true with families under enormous stress. Michele provides compassion but also knows what to do in terms of remediation/teaching, supporting self-esteem and building confidence. Her vast skill set and experience is invaluable when I have a family and Unique Learners willing to team up with her.
She does whatever it takes to support my clients including navigating both a wide range of learning challenges and emotional difficulties like depression, anxiety, OCD, panic attacks, low self-esteem, oppositional behavior or other behaviors that result from not being seen and valued as a Unique Learner. Michele’s observation in the home and school environments always provides insight on another level for the healing process that ensures a complete picture for my clients. She is an invaluable member of any healing team.
– Ronald A. Grant, M. Div., S.T.M., M.D., D. Min., LPa
(Psychiatrist, Psychoanalyst & Pastoral Counselor)
Hourly Consulting Fee is $185
For ongoing needs, discounted package rates are available.
To learn more about our consulting services and discuss how we can be of support to the needs of your therapeutic team, please click here to email us via our contact form.